Thursday, September 12, 2013

Limits

What limits does ownership have on the spreading of ideas? What should be "owned" or shared, when it comes to creation?

I grew up in a household with only two children, my brother and I. If I had something, I rarely had to share it. Even though I had a younger brother and sister in another state, I only had to share when I was around them. So, for the most part, what I had was mine. I am all for sharing and having open ideas, however; when is enough, enough? I would have to say that personal things should be owned. But, when do we reap the benefits of creation. If I were to share all my ideas, I would never get compensation for my work.  Maybe that's what needs to happen. We would probably have a much better society if we shared everything and did not only think about ourselves. But that isn't the world we live in. We are a greedy, self satisfying people. We want what we want and we want it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment